End User License Agreement
The downloadable LIWC program includes the actual LIWC software and the LIWC-22, LIWC2015, LIWC2007, and LIWC2001 dictionaries. By installing and using the LIWC program, you and Pennebaker Conglomerates, Inc. (PCI) agree to the following:
- All of the data you analyze on your computer will not be shared in any form with PCI. After purchasing LIWC, the only internet connection between your copy of LIWC and PCI will be in validating your license code. The only identifiable information kept with PCI will include your name, email, and billing information that you shared when purchasing the program. All credit card information is destroyed once payment is made. Your personal information will not be shared with nor sold to other entities.
- The LIWC program is supplied as is. Our lawyer – who has a fondness for very big words and complex sentences – has asked that we put in all of the following: Pennebaker Conglomerates Inc disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchant ability and of fitness for any purpose. Neither Pennebaker Conglomerates Inc. nor anyone else who has been involved in the creation, production or delivery of this product assumes any liability for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the use of the software.
- You may not share or redistribute the LIWC application or any of its components with anyone or use LIWC for the benefit of any outside party.
- The LIWC program is to be used for academic purposes only by non-commercial organizations such as schools or universities. LIWC is to be used for academic research that does not earn revenue, and your research also cannot be in collaboration with any commercial entities.
- Commercial licenses are available and must be purchased separately. The commercial licenses for the LIWC program are granted by Receptiviti Inc. Questions about commercial licenses should be directed to email@example.com. If you are downloading the LIWC program for use by any organization other than a school or university, you should assume your use is commercial and must therefore contact Receptiviti Inc. to obtain a commercial license. You should not assume your use is non-commercial simply because you are not selling access to the LIWC program or a product or service built around the LIWC program or because you have some other definition of “non-commercial use” in mind. If you have any questions as to whether your use is non-commercial or commercial, you should assume your use is commercial, and the onus is on you to ask for permission from Receptiviti before using the LIWC program.
- This is not free software. On purchase of the LIWC program, you receive a unique serial number which grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to install and use the LIWC program and documentation on up to two computers per single-user license, or the number of computers stated on a multi-user license.
- You are not allowed to modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or use for any derivative works the LIWC program or any of the LIWC components for any purpose. You may not share the LIWC program with anyone outside your lab group or use the LIWC program for the benefit of any outside party. If you want to perform any research or process data for an outside party that is not part of an academic or educational setting, that is a commercial use. As such, you must contact Receptiviti to obtain a commercial license. Pennebaker Conglomerates Inc. reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this End User License Agreement. The onus is on you to ensure that you comply with this End User License Agreement and all of its restrictions. If you have any concerns about whether or not you will be in compliance, please ask us in advance.